Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Nellie's shoes

  1. #1
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    Congratulations on your new addition [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Kim

  2. #2
    Inactive Member lovethosedolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    You're not alone, I don't really like Sam and Nellie's shoes either.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree also! I wished they made better shoes for Nellie and Samantha! But also Nellie's Xmas shoes are so Felicity like!!!! And Molly wears the same Mary Jane shoes too! i guess it is cheaper for the company to use the same style!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member samfinasara's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2003
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by AGTeacher:
    But also Nellie's Xmas shoes are so Felicity like!!!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, Ria, I felt the same way about her Christmas shoes until I did a search on Google for "Victorian children's shoes" or something to that effect, and found a picture of Victorian shoes that look almost exactly like Nellie's Christmas shoes. The only difference was a bit of a heel.

    Just thought I'd throw that out there.

    I feel the same way about the plastic mary-janes, though. Cheap and not historically-accurate for the Victorian era.

    Aimee

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 14, 2004 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Samantha's Seamstress ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree on Nellie's meet shoes. Molly has the same shoes, and my Molly's have been in the box since I got back to the hotel and put the saddle shoes on her. I couldn't get them of her fast enough. I really hate those little black shoes. Compared to the other AG shoes, the quality is just terrible; whether the "look" is historically accurate-- don't care-- they're chintzy, and my girls won't wear them. (And my mini Nellie will get new shoes as soon as I can find some to fit!) There are far higher quality black Mary Janes available, even from AG (ie: Kit's Christmas shoes).

    I voiced my opinion on the shoes at the store, and both gals there said I was not the only one who felt that way. If I wanted cheap plastic shoes for my dolls, I'd get out my old Barbie shoes!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member nycgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by christhedolllady:
    It was also nice to se I wasn't the only adult having lunch with her doll.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yay! Love hearing stories like that... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member christhedolllady's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    85
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was in downtown Chicago yesterday so I decided to treat myself to a new doll family member (Nellie) and lunch at the AG Place cafe. This was an impromptu kind of decision, I'm sorry I didn't have time to post a few days in advance and maybe meet people off the board.

    I was disappointed in Nellie's shoes. They are a black plastic maryjane type. I'm going to purchase some better ones for her.

    It was also nice to se I wasn't the only adult having lunch with her doll.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congratulations on your new dolly! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Don't forget any shoes sold for Samantha will be historically accurate for Nellie, too. I think that's what's so wonderful about the friend dolls (I'm hoping there are more! [img]wink.gif[/img] ).

  9. #9
    Inactive Member JAdder's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I HATE the icky plastic shoes as much as everyone here I feel that they are made simply to get people to buy others the plastic shoes are tottly wrong for the victorien era or any era for that matter. My Nellie is wearing her chirstmas shoes and my prototype is shown in high button black boots.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member lieu2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2003
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I bought Samantha's shoes and stocking for an extra fee. I think that Nellie could wear those as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •